Do you have information regarding a missing person that is listed on the Navajo Police Department’s Missing Persons list?
You can remain anonymous and submit your tips to the email or phone number below.

What do I do when someone goes missing?

Contact the local law enforcement where the disappearance occurred as soon as possible to file a report. Below are phone numbers to the 7 Navajo Police Response Districts. Please make sure you receive a report number for your record.

Be prepared to provide a physical description of the missing person, last known location, a recent photo and keep a good written record/timeline. This can be an emotional time and it can be easy to forget information so it’s important to write down dates, times and who you spoke with, and what you talked about to help you remember the discussions about your missing loved one. If our K-9 search and rescue team is called to assist, please keep the bedroom of the missing person closed off, our K9 team may need to collect a scent article.

Window Rock District Dispatch:
Shiprock District Dispatch:
Crownpoint District Dispatch:
Tuba City District Dispatch:
  Chinle District Dispatch:
Kayenta District Dispatch:
Dilkon District Dispatch:

Can a family search on their own for their missing loved one?

Families have the right to search for their missing loved one. If you do search on your own, it is helpful to maintain an open communication with law enforcement throughout the search process (at the beginning, during, and after the loved one is located), especially if evidence needs to be preserved. Families need to be prepared physically and mentally if you decide to go search on your own. Our team would be most concerned about your safety.

Our team can assist and support you by:

  • coordinating searches with Law Enforcement
  • manage and communicate with volunteers
  • coordinate victim search providers for the family

Do you charge for your services?

There is no fee for our services nor payment to our members who go out on SAR missions. Most of our costs are paid out of our own pocket, donations, and fundraising.

How do I request for your K9 Search and Rescue Services?

Please fill out the form on our Contact Us Page and we will respond quickly.

What roles are available for Volunteers within 4CK9SAR?

We are a continuously growing and diverse search and rescue organization with a structure that allows volunteers to bring their experiences and contribute to the team in several ways, whether you want to be a Certified Team Member or a Volunteer.

Common areas of expertise include:

  • Fundraising
  • Grant Writing
  • Social Media
  • Film and Photography
  • Meal prepping
  • ICS Paperwork Management
  • Legal Advisors
  • Incident Command
  • CPR & First Aid
  • Logistics
  • Drone Pilot
  • K9 Handler
  • GIS/Mapping
  • High Angle Rescue
  • Radio Communications
  • Victim Advocacy
  • Crime Scene Preservation
  • Cultural Sensitivity
  • Network Techs
  • Public Relations
  • Wilderness SAR

What are the basic requirements to become a Certified Team Member?


Minimum 18 years of age

Complete FEMA 100/200

Pass the NASAR SARTECH III Certification

Complete equipment/pack checklist

Complete additional training in radio communications, lost person behavior, first aid, maps and compass, GPS/Navigation, search theory, Incident command, crime scene preservation, tracking, working with K-9’s, cultural sensitivity and survival skills.

No disqualifying offenses

The 4CK9SAR board may also require additional information and/or fingerprints in some cases. If required, you will be notified and given instructions.